Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Useful English Expressions for Email Writing


 Formal Informal
Reason for writing I’m writing in connection with……. Just a short note…….

I am writing with regard to……. I´m writing about….

In reply to your email, here are……. Here’s the….you

Your name was given to me by……. wanted.

We would like to point out that……. I got your name from



Giving information I’m writing to let you know that……. Just a note to say……

We are able to confirm that……. We can confirm that..

I am delighted to tell you that……. Good news!

We regret to inform you that……. Unfortunately,…..



Asking for information Could you give me some information about……. Can you tell me a little more about…….

I would like to know……. I’d like to know…….

I´m interested in receiving……. Please send me…….



Requests I’d be grateful if you could……. Please could you…?

I wonder if you could……. Could you…….?

Do you think I could have……. Can I have…….?

Thank you in advance for your help. I’d appreciate your
help on this.



Promising action I will……. I’ll…….

I’ll investigate the matter. I’ll look into it.

I will contact you shortly. I’ll get back to you
soon.



Offering help Would you like me to…….? Do you want me to?

If you wish, I would be happy to……. Shall I…….?

Let me know whether you would like me to……. Let me know if you’d
like me to…….



Final comments Thank you for your help. Thanks again for…….

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you require any further information. Let me know if you need anything else.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Just give me a call if
you have any questions



Close I am looking forward to……. Looking forward to……

Give my regards to…….. Best wishes to…….

Best wishes…….. Speak to/See you soon

Regards Bye


                                                   www.englishlci.com

No comments:

Post a Comment